At the beginning of the year I received a Geico Insurance ad in the mail. If you’ve heard their ads you know they like to claim they can save you money in 15 minutes or less. To illustrate the 15 minute concept they provided a list of things you can do in 15 minutes or less. For fun, here is that list:
- Take a nice walk outside.
- Do an exercise, or two.
- Update your resume.
- Practice speed reading.
- Read a book chapter.
- Clean out your refrigerator.
- Call a friend or family member to see how they’re doing.
- Clean out your car.
- Take a power nap.
- Learn a new word or phrase in a different language.
- Listen to half of your favorite progressive rock band’s 30-minute song.
- Write in your journal, or if you don’t have one, start one!
- Play a couple rounds of a casual video game on your device.
- Watch a handful of funny online videos.
And of course…
- Call GEICO to see how much you could save on car insurance.
As someone who has made concerted efforts in the past 18 months or so to be more efficient and effective with my personal time management, I admit I found the list quite interesting. When I sometimes wonder how I can get everything done in a day that I want to get done, it’s interesting to consider all the little things I can do and check off my list to make the most of my day.
15 minutes. When you look at this small sample list you realize there really is a lot of things you can do with that amount of time.
So…a belated Happy New Year to you all! Now…you have a lot of 15 minute sets ahead of you these next 11 months. Go make some things happen!